Rudraksh is a seed from a tree, and it creates the cocoon around you of your energy, it is helpful while walking the Spiritual Path, as every ounce of energy matters. Everything is energy and one is bound to lose a lot of their good energy when one has to stay all day long in offices, in between people, crowded places. So better wear something that can help you. I am still working as a Software Professional and I am in between people from morning till evening. I did not have the luxury to pursue my Spiritual Life in a secluded environment. As Adyashanti mentioned in one of his book that these days, someone may be Enlightened over the weekend, and they may be in an office by Monday. This is exactly how it happened with me. While and After Enlightenment, Self Realization my life, my routine, my work everything stayed the same for me. I have a family, my son to take care of. I am a Divorced, Single mom and I cannot afford to not work as of now. So when life is functional all around, then better wear something, or do something that saves your energy, and keeps you going on your spiritual path. I did not want to wait until I am 60 years old, and retired, to fulfill my longing for Liberation. (Laughs)

~ Adiguru